Snowflake access guide
As we are transitioning to a stable product, our data sets will no longer be available as free beta starting 30th September 2023.
Besides the cost of the data set, you will have additional cost on you Snowflake account. This includes:
- Snowflake computation cost (variable depending on the queries you run and the warehouse size you chose)
- Snowflake storage cost for any data stored in your own account. You will not pay for storage of the data shared by Token Flow.
There are three sections to this guide:
You will need to provide the following information:
- Company / Organization
- Cloud service and region (AWS us-east1 is recommended, other AWS and GCP regions are supported; we don't currently support Azure)
In full transparency there are quite a few steps to walk through. But as a first time user, you get a couple of benefits:
- 30 day free trial where both storage and computation costs on your account are covered;
- No credit card information is required during the trial period, unless you chose to already purchase one of our data sets (thank you);
- Lots of links to Snowflake "getting started" and full documentation and videos as you sign up Snowflake introductions.
Once you have a Snowflake account, follow these steps to start using our data:
- Browse through our available listings. You'll see what exactly is included, the needs it meets, as well as some usage examples. Unless mentioned otherwise, all our data sets are updated close to real-time (~15 blocks from the tip of the chain). Make sure that you check out the terms and available regions.
- Chose the data set that meets your needs and request it directly in the user interface. If you have not provided credit card details before, you will be requested to add them when you make the purchase.
Token Flow data is intended for own use only without redistribution rights. Copying the data to your own account in Snowflake or to another data storage is not permitted. (see our Terms of Service for more information).
Once you have access to our data you can:
- Use Snowsight - The Snowflake Web Interface to write queries and visualize results directly in your browser. You will be able to use Token Flow data on its own or joining with any other data sets that you already have in your own account.
- Use Snowflake like any other cloud database and connect it to your existing ecosystem.